New technologies and methodologies support more agile and informative approaches to data warehousing, and Certus consultants are recognised as experts in this area.
You may want to:
- Simplify data structures to make them more meaningful and easy to use;
- Separate database-intensive tasks associated with querying and reporting transaction processing systems;
- Combine data from multiple data sources;
- Improve the quality and consistency of data - "one version of the truth;"
- Store historical data;
- Enhance data security by separating data used by information consumers from that held in transaction processing systems.
Our consultants can help by:
- establishing business priorities for information assets;
- designing an appropriate data architecture;
- choosing the right technologies;
- analysing detailed business information requirements;
- establishing a reliable set of metadata - the foundation of a sustainable data warehouse;
- data profiling and data quality assessments;
- developing appropriate data models;
- automating data transfer, data cleansing and data transformations;
- establishing an information governance framework.
The business objectives for a data warehouse solution often coincide with the business objectives of a business intelligence, reporting, scorecarding, dashboard, planning or performance management solution. In such cases, our expertise can ensure that key information interfaces and other relevant details are managed effectively.
Metadata Driven Design
Metadata is the information that describes, categorises and classifies enterprise data. The collection and management of metadata is the key to effective data governance. Metadata-driven design will ensure the success of your enterprise information management projects.
Advanced data discovery and data profiling tools capture metadata from all source systems providing consistency, speed and flexibility in the design process.
Consistency: By creating common definitions for enterprise terms and business rules.
Speed: Collecting and using metadata in the design process provides reusable information assets to speed the initial build phase and significantly reduce additional development time. From automated source to target mapping, transformational discovery, unified schema prototyping, automated ETL job creation, data lineage and impact analysis, metadata-driven design delivers speed with accuracy.
Flexibility: Metadata-driven design promotes the creation of a flexible framework based on a set of agreed standards and reusable information assets. This enables quick and easy amendments to existing assets to meet new requirements.
For further information on data warehousing solutions, please Contact Us.